Tuesday, September 24, 2013

An American Bride in Kabul, Excerpted



The Phyllis Chesler Organization

Facebook  Twitter  RSS

An American Bride in Kabul, Excerpted

The New York Post
September 24, 2013
Be the first of your friends to like this.
Excerpts of my new book are being read on three continents! In its Sunday (September 22) edition, the New York Post published a two-page spread of excerpts and photos from An American Bride in Kabul. The Post's coverage was picked up by three papers: The Daily Mail (UK), the Telegraph (Australia) and by an Australian news site, news.com.
The excerpts begin:
I once lived in a harem in Afghanistan.
I did not enter the kingdom as a diplomat, soldier, teacher, journalist or foreign aid worker. I came as a young Jewish bride of the son of one of the country's wealthiest men. I was held in a type of captivity — but it's not as if I had been kidnapped.
I walked into it of my own free will.
Read more... http://nypost.com/2013/09/21/my-life-of-hell-in-an-afghan-harem/

To subscribe to the Phyllis Chesler mailing list, go to http://www.phyllis-chesler.com/list_subscribe.php

No comments:

Post a Comment