Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Help SAVE the Troy Parrots

Folks please spread the word about these parrots in Troy, Ohio

Check out the horrific conditions these parrots are in,,


Photobucket



http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/TopysMom/Troy%20Ohio%20rescue%20birds/?albumview=slideshow







Urge Ohio Governor Kasich and Mayor Beamish to intervene on behalf of parrots living in squalid and dangerous conditions

Approximately 50 parrots remain housed in squalid and extremely dangerous conditions in a Troy, Ohio home. The owner of the birds released 10 of the sickest birds to the Miami Valley Bird Rescue to receive veterinary care, but is demanding that they be returned and that no more birds be taken by the rescue group or by the local Humane Society. All the birds are in grave danger. Originally there were 90 birds in the home, and 30 have already died. Demand that Governor Kasich and Troy Mayor Beamish intervene immediately to save the lives of these magnificent creatures.





5 comments:

  1. Good news! WDTN TV (Channel 2 Dayton Ohio) reports that the "Troy Parrots" are now safe. To see the newscast, go to Google or YouTube and type the following in the Search bar:

    "Birds removed from Troy squalor" WDTNTV

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Diane

    yeah was great news to hear these birds had been saved. I got busy, and I thought I had posted that update,, but,, can't find it,, LOL,, so I will post update right now.

    Solsticewitch13

    ReplyDelete
  3. Posted Diane,, thank you so much for reminding me to post that GOOD NEWS STORY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My pleasure. Thank you for helping raise awareness about the horrible situation these birds were trapped in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. my pleasure also,,, I have a flock of 10 "Feathered Dragons" and I love them more than anything on this planet. I cannot imagine, what these parrots went through. Broke my heart to see the images and video of their suffering.

    Glad they are going to be cared for and loved now.

    ReplyDelete